Home Troubles Begin For Egypt
1. Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like _____ to Pharaoh"
a) a servant
c) a friend
d) a prophet
2. The Lord said to Moses, "Your brother Aaron will be your _________."
3. What did God tell Moses his brother Aaron was to tell Pharaoh?
a) let the Israelites go out of the country
b) give Moses money
c) stop working the Israelites so hard
d) build an altar to God
4. God said, "I will harden Pharaoh's ________"
5. God planned to multiply his miraculous signs and _______ in Egypt.
6. Moses was _______ years old and Aaron eighty-three when they spoke to Pharaoh.
7. God knew Pharaoh would demand that Moses perform a _____________.
c) magic trick
8. Aaron threw down his staff before Pharaoh and his officials and it became a ______.
c) pile of splinters
9. Pharaoh summoned wise men and _________.
c) tax collectors
d) their assistants
10. The Egyptian __________ did the same things by their secret arts
c) wise men
d) snake charmers
11. Aaron's staff ______ all their staffs.
c) swallowed up
12. Pharaoh's heart is unyielding; he refuses to _______________
a) believe in God
b) let the people go
c) give in
d) go away
13. God told Moses to wait for Pharaoh with his staff in his hand ___________.
a) in a boat
b) in the water
c) on the bank of the Nile
d) in the mud
14. The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, told Moses to say, Let my people go, so that they may worship me in the _________.
a) right way
b) new tabernacle
15. Moses was to tell Pharaoh, "With the staff that is in my hand, I will _______"
a) strike the water of the Nile
b) bonk you on the head
c) destroy your crops
d) make more snakes
16. The water of the Nile will be changed to ______ and the fish in the Nile will die and the river will stink.
d) bitter water
17. Moses was to tell Aaron to "take your staff and stretch out your hand over ______."
a) Pharaoh's head
b) the waters of Egypt
c) the Israelites
d) the Red Sea
18. The streams and canals, ponds, and reservoirs will be turned to blood. Where else would the blood be?
a) on the doorposts of their houses
b) everywhere in Egypt, even in the wooden buckets and stone jars
c) in the Red Sea
d) in their coffee mugs
19. Moses and Aaron did what the Lord commanded. He raised his staff _________ and struck the water of the Nile, and all the water was changed into blood.
a) over his head
b) in a threatening way
c) in front of all the Israelites
d) in the presence of Pharaoh and his officials
20. After the fish in the Nile died, the river smelled so bad that the Egyptians ________.
a) ran away holding their noses
b) threw up
c) rebelled against Pharaoh
d) could not drink its water
21. When the Egyptian magicians did the same things, Pharaoh's heart _____________, just as the LORD had said.
a) beat faster, he was so excited
b) became hard; he would not listen to Moses and Aaron
c) cheered up
d) made him change his mind
22. Pharaoh turned and went into his __________ and did not take even this to heart.
a) sorcerer's chambers
c) private quarters
d) thinking chair
23. All the Egyptians __________ to get drinking water because they could not drink the water of the river.
a) went to nearby villages
b) traveled to the oasis in the desert
c) fought with the Israelites
d) dug along the Nile
24. How many days passed after the Lord struck the Nile?
a) exactly twenty-one
b) seven days
c) nobody was counting